- 2 large beetroots, washed and grated
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- A large handful of walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 50g danish feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- A handful of mint, finely chopped
- Juice of have a lemon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 kipfler potatoes, well washed and thinly sliced
- Olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and add the beetroot and spring onion. Cook for around 5 minutes and then set aside to cool slightly.
In a bowl, combine beetroot mix, walnuts, feta, almond meal, mint, lemon and season with salt and pepper. Form into patties and place on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Bake for about 25 minutes, flipping halfway.
While the patties are in the oven, heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Brush the potatoes with a bit of oil and season with salt. Cook for 10-15 minutes, turning once or twice until golden.
Serve patties with salad, hummus and delicious potatoes!
Makes 3-4 patties, depending on size.