- 1 small-medium potato, very thinly sliced with a mandolin
- 1/4 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1-2 tbsp good quality tomato/pizza sauce
- 4 balls of cherry bocconcini
- 2 strips of prosciutto, torn into pieces
- 1 fig, sliced
- 1 egg
- Fresh basil, for topping
- Olive oil
Heat a splash of olive oil in a small frying pan over a low heat. Line the bottom of the pan with overlapping slices of potato so the whole base is covered. Sprinkle over your cheese, cover with a lid and cook away for about 5 minutes until the cheese has melted and is starting to bubble.
Add the tomato sauce and spread over the potato base. Evenly place the bocconcini balls around the pizza and then crack and egg in the middle. Turn the heat up to medium, cover with a lid and cook for another 5 minutes until the egg is cooked but still wobbly in the middle.
Use a spatula to help slide the pizza onto a plate, and top with the torn prosciutto, fig and basil.
Cut into the pizza to reveal the runny yolk!