- 1 bunch baby carrots, cleaned and leaves removed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup freekeh, cooked according to packet instructions
- 1 large handful of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 handful of hazelnuts, roasted and roughly chopped
- 1 handful of pine nuts, toasted
- Seeds from 1/2 a pomegranate
- 1 handful of goats cheese, crumbled
- olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Place baby carrots in a roasting dish and drizzle with honey, a splash of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then roast for around 40 mins until softened. Set aside to cool.
In a large salad bowl, combined the drained lentils, cooked freekeh, parsley, nuts and pomegranate. Drizzle over olive oil and a splash of red wine vinegar and season. Make sure all ingredients are well coated, then sprinkle over crumbled goats cheese. Finally, top with the roasted baby carrots.
Serves 6 as a side.